Tuesday, November 8, 2011

DEAR MUM

Photobucket
I actually didn't know it was possible, but I somehow managed to finish an assignment a full 48 HOURS before it was due. For this assignment we had to create some postcards with a visual metaphor on the front and an 'insight' to do with something we learn throughout the year on the back. I really liked the materiality of the postcards when actually printed on thick-stock watercolour paper - hence the photos instead of the straight files.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Done with pastels and probably the most 'artsy' out of all of the postcards, but I think it really communicates my attitude towards coffee/caffeine this year. Coffee has become much more of an everyday 'need' than something I just enjoyed over catch-ups with friends (the presence of a cafe serving Toby's Estate about 5metres from uni doesn't help either). This I really intend to change over the summer- all those takeaway cups are so bad, not to mention all that money!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Was intending to do this one with old Letraset transfer-letters but succumbed to laziness and just whipped it up on Illustrator. Notice how Gill Sans becomes Comic Sans at the bottom?!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Quickly did this about 5 minutes before I got it printed, but I still like its simplicity and message. And the pretty colours.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Truly love these...still learning the lessons for myself

    x

    ReplyDelete