Friday, November 25, 2011

EXPORT

Photobucket
On Wednesday night I attended the opening night of 'Export'- the UTS Visual Communications 4th year graduation show. Man, do I have a long way to go.
It was held in the former Carlton United Brewers' warehouses in Chippendale, a really industrial setting which added to the overall 'designery' feel of the exhibition. I found the branding of the show also very well considered. I'd really encourage you to visit if you're at all interested in design but you'll have to be quick because it's only open till 6pm today (26 November) at 50 Kensington Street, Chippendale (very close to Central station). Otherwise be sure to check out the rest of the UTS grad shows happening in the next week or so, the standard is very high (...and I'm not just saying that because I go there!).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Free drinks, cheese, salami, olives & fruit- what more could a designer want?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Taken with a Canon 600D

PS I've made these photos slightly larger- do you think this size is better or do you prefer the smaller sizes I posted images before?

3 comments:

  1. Love the industrial setting! With such a good camera, you can afford to make your images larger. Makes a big difference!

    Ivory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ivory - the larger the better! Can I just say that mountain of grapes and cheese looks so good. I've been lying in bed watching Gossip Girl all day like a crazy person, and I'm far too lazy to get food, so I shall visually eat up everything on that table haha.

    Thanks for your sweet comment x Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. this size is better. there is a happy medium. i can't stand reading blogs where the images are so big i have to scroll horizontally to see them. i like the whole picture. usually i do my pics on x-large or original depending.
    http://www.indieelectronicalternative.com/

    ReplyDelete