Monday, November 12, 2012

INDUSTRIAL

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Taken with Ilford 400 HP5 film

This is a series I shot for my photography subject on Cockatoo Island based loosely on the theme of industrial decay. This was my last semester doing film photography, in the next semester we move on to digital and studio photography, which I'm a little sad about because (in hindsight) I really enjoyed all those hours in the darkroom. There's a huge sense of satisfaction after perfecting a print with adjusting the time, contrast and dodging & burning time over and over again, trying not to think of all that extremely expensive photographic paper you're wasting. I learnt so much through doing these film classes which I don't think I would have been aware of if I just shot digital, and I'm quite happy with how my printing skills have improved over the year.


Photobucket

On a side note, I went to see Radiohead last night and it was AMAZING. I had goosebumps when they dragged a piano on stage and Thom Yorke's sweet sweet voice serenaded Pyramid Song to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment